Friday, January 23, 2015

I Have a Dream!

I HAVE A DREAM!

So as far as investigators, Sandra is right on track to be baptized this Sunday! We have taught here all 5 lessons and she is totally ready and willing to do everything that we have asked! I love her so much! When people tell you before the mission that you are going to love the people that you serve, they don´t tell you how much. Well let me tell you right now. IT IS A LOT! There are no words to explain the love and the spirit that you feel when you see someone make the decision to fallow Christ. It is so amazing! It is these feelings that remind you that even though things can be hard it is all totally worth it! So funny thing that happened this week, we knocked this door and no one answered for like a long time so we moved on and knocked 3 other doors. Then we heard someone go, "Quem é?" at the first door. So we hurried back and told them that we were the missionaries. This little African lady opened the door and welcomed us right in. We sat down with her and taught her the restoration. The whole time we were very confused cause she seemed a little off her rocker. We asked if we could come back and she was like ya and next time my son will be here and I will tell him that he needs to read this book (Book of Mormon) for when you come back. We left and we were like hmmmm I wonder if she actually has a son... haha ya she was that strange. But we came back and what do you know her son was totally there had read the part we left in the Book of Mormon and was ready to hear more! So we taught him and then marked him to be baptized after the lesson! wahhhooo! His name is Bruno and let me tell you he is one elect person that is super ready for the gospel in his life! Oh and the funny part, the crazy lady she totally kissed our head and our hearts. Yes literally our hearts... please just take a second to imagine two American girls in this little house where a crazy lady kisses our hearts. Yup. our lives our super funny!This week was also Sister Cullimores birthday! That was fun we had American cake that her mom sent her and sang happy birthday and totally ordered pizza! haha that was awesome! Man I love food that just gets dropped off at your door! Such a good idea! Props to whoever had that idea!This week was awesome and as always full of miracles! People dreams do come true, and even though I am not in American right now I am still celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. today. So I hope that you are too! I will end this weeks letter with some advise that I feel is very appropriate, DREAM BIG and then when you know your dream, go make it happen!!love always,Sister Bakker







No comments:

Post a Comment