Monday, October 12, 2015

Póvoa, my love, I bid thee farewell‏

This week on the mission (said in a cool tv man voice like he is announcing a really dramatic week on some random reality tv show)...

So this week was cool! Full of miracles! Yesterday our investigator Janette came to church and after I was talking to her and asking if she had any questions or anything and she was like "no I don't think so, but I read that book you guys gave me to read and pray about". And in that moment I was like ahhh MOMENT OF TRUTH MOMENT OF TRUTH!!! so I say all calm and relaxed. "Oh ya and how was it?." and she goes "Eu sei com certeza que estas coisas são verdadeiras. E quero ser parte desta igreja por o resto de minha vida." or in English, "I know for sure that these things are true and I want to be part of this church for the rest of my life." AHHHHH I died on the inside. So I say all calm and chill. "Wow! queres ser batizada a proxima semana." (want to be baptized next week?) and she goes "sim pode ser." (ya that can be.) IT WAS SOOO COOL!!!! She is so amazing!!! I am so excited for her!!

Now for the sad part. I will not be there to see my dear sweet 15 year old gem get baptized. Because Pai Celestial has called me else where. I got transfered. I am now in Mem Martins with Sister Bryner! I was really really sad to leave my home of Póvoa. I love it so much there. Those people are my family and I was really sad to have to go. But here is going to be great! I already knew Sister Bryner. We served in the same zone in the Algarve and she was STL the last 2 transfers so we have seen each other a lot! We were actually totally praying that we would get to serve with each other! This is going to be here last transfer sadly. I will be killing my 2nd comp. That is weird. But we are going to work hard and make this the best last transfer ever for her! QUE BÊNÇÃO to be here with her I am so excited for the new fun adventure!

So ya that is the story of my life now. Love you all!! Have a killer week and don't do anything I wouldn't do!

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE,
Sister Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment